With escalating costs and advancements in technology, the complexities of your Facility Management program can be overwhelming.
A strategic approach to the built environment is essential in today's business landscape.
Transform your facility management program from cost center to value center: Aligned with your mission, Tony Kaufmann has created a proven model derived from decades of experience to meet your evolving needs. The customized process identifies the unique scope of your program, and then translates this into an action-oriented budget to establish effective communication from the boiler room to the board room.
This platform results in positive outcomes to the Triple Bottom Line, with measurable impacts to Human, Environmental, and Financial resources. The tangible benefits include: reduced operating & capital costs, longevity of the assets, energy savings, lowered carbon footprint, empowered personnel, enhanced safety, reduced risk, reliable building systems, and a facility consistent with service excellence.
"When sustainability is viewed as being a matter of survival for your business, I believe you can create massive change."
– Cameron Sinclair
Finance & Administration
- Capital Renewal Planning: life cycle forecasting in alignment with the mission that is data-driven to measure outcomes and minimize costly downtime.
- Operating Budget Development: a detailed operating budget that serves as an action plan; organizing cost data so it can be benchmarked with other organizations.
- Team Building: empowering your facilities team with workshops and industry training to enhance their knowledge base; communicating effectively with key stakeholders.
Operations & Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance Program Design: a proactive approach to maintenance that extends the life cycle of assets and reduces failures.
- Best Practices in Operations: methods to elevate building performance and reduce operating costs; leveraging analytics to measure performance and justify improvements.
- Facility Audit: a condition assessment to determine the baseline condition of your building systems, including prioritized cost estimates for asset renewal.
Sustainability & Energy Conservation
- Sustainability Planning: efficient practices to save money, reduce energy consumption, and lower carbon footprint.
Risk Assessment & Prevention
- Business Continuity Planning: identifying hazards in your built environment with the potential to interrupt operations; developing corresponding plans to prevent, mitigate, and respond.
Project Advisory & Support
- Project Support: contributing decades of project experience to solve complex issues and support implementation; knowing what questions to ask subject matter experts to attain the desired outcome.
About Tony Kaufmann, President
My expertise & versatility has been developed by wearing a variety of hats in dynamic environments, while consistently pursuing formal training. Ranging from 19th century historic landmarks to high-profile new construction, I have over 24 years of experience with building and managing a diverse portfolio of facility assets. Examples include:
Fortune 500 companies (Visa, Inc.), growing start-ups (OtterBox) award-winning performing arts centers (The Goodman Theatre, Writers Theatre, The New Regal Theatre), education institutions (The Catherine Cook School, Friend’s School, Marwen), and libraries (The Vernon Area Public Library, The Newberry Library). I have also been trusted in providing security detail for World leaders (in collaboration with the U.S. Secret Service), maintaining a constant ambient environment for rare artifacts (including the original Louisiana Purchase); reducing the energy costs of a historic landmark by 30%, and achieving 100% uptime at a tier 4 data center.
In addition to an MBA in Strategic Management from Regis University, I am in the process of becoming an IFMA Certified Facility Manager; I have also completed the Systems Maintenance Technician, Systems Maintenance Administrator, and Facilities Management Administrator Certifications from the Building Owners and Managers Institute. Additional technical training includes: an Engineering Certification from the University Of Wisconsin, and a CFC Refrigeration Certificate.
I received the Stephen B. Jameson Leadership Award from Regis University in 2014, the Volunteer of the Year at Bayaud Enterprises in 2010, and have previously served a six-year term as an elected Community Trustee. I currently serve on a nationally recognized non-profit social enterprise Board of Directors, and a grant-funded advisory council for the underprivileged.